Q: After 10-15 minutes the headlight (both hi and low) will cut off and on.

After a brief period the headlights will turn off and on like there is a short in the switch . After waiting a couple of minutes with the headlights off and then turn them back on the same thing occurs again. But the switch seems to not be the problem since it happens at different times and not all the time.

A: Hello - your "on again, off again&quot...

Hello - your "on again, off again" headlight symptoms indicate an electrical connection that is poor, that heats up while the headlights are operating, then fails. This could be a headlight relay, the headlight switch itself, or a wiring connection between the battery and the headlights. The poor connection gets hot trying to conduct the needed power, literally burns (which could cause a fire), creating an additional minute layer of oxides on the connector, then fails to conduct power. After cooling, it will pass some current again, but the process repeats until no power is conducted to the headlights. I would recommend an electrical inspection of the headlight circuit to resolve this problem before serious wiring damage or fire results. A mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.