Q: Advice on which transmission fluid to use

I recently put the Amsoil oil into the engine and my car ran great. So, I was thinking to put the Amsoil z1 ATF into transmission. This is recommended for Honda. However, I was told at the Acura dealership that I should not do it. According to them, this could damage the transmission. What do you think?

A: Hi there. It is fine to use this in the eng...

Hi there. It is fine to use this in the engine, but I would not use it in the transmission. This transmission is very temperamental, and if you do not use the genuine Honda fluid you will almost certainly have transmission issues. I would not use anything but the recommended fluid in your car. If you would like a transmission fluid service done for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this task using the correct correct fluid for your car.