Q: Advice on which transmission fluid to use

I recently put the Amsoil oil into the engine and my car ran great. So, I was thinking to put the Amsoil z1 ATF into transmission. This is recommended for Honda. However, I was told at the Acura dealership that I should not do it. According to them, this could damage the transmission. What do you think?

Hi there. It is fine to use this in the engine, but I would not use it in the transmission. This transmission is very temperamental, and if you do not use the genuine Honda fluid you will almost certainly have transmission issues. I would not use anything but the recommended fluid in your car. If you would like a transmission fluid service done for you, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to perform this task using the correct correct fluid for your car.

3. Advice on which transmission fluid to use