Q: Advice on whether to buy a truck or keep the old one

I have a 1996 Dodge Ram 1500 with a 129,000 miles and a 5.9 Magnum engine. I'm tempted to buy a newer truck from the Dodge, it runs and shifts great. Driver window won't go down, the ignition switch is girating. Should I buy it or keep the old one?

A: You've got so much mileage out of that ...

You've got so much mileage out of that old engine. If I were you I would keep the old one and keep fixing it. Dodge does not make them like they used to. Especially since Fiat has bought them. Now they are owned by an Italian company and their quality seems to be going even further downhill. I would keep fixing that old one because back then, Dodge were building decent vehicles. No matter what, just keep fixing it. They still make parts for them. If you got the new one, you might be surprised if it falls apart in two years. I've seen this happen with some customers who bought the later model Dodge trucks.