Q: Advice on using different engine oil than it is recommended for a particular type of engine

What do you think about using engine oil with more specifications than it is recommended on the car's manual? Is it okay to use diesel engine oil on a car that doesn't run on diesel?

A: No, not really. They have additives for die...

No, not really. They have additives for diesel which are different from additives for a gasoline engine. They are completely different environments inside diesel engines and gasoline engines. For gasoline cars, stick to the oil that is made for gasoline engines; and for diesel cars, stick to the oil made for diesel engines. You don't want to switch the two up. These engineers spent a lot of time designing and testing and they know what they are doing. You don't want to cross wires with the stuff that they already tested out.