Q: Advice on rebuilding rear differential

How long and how much it would cost to rebuild a rear differential?

Rear differentials are relatively complicated. I used to do them years ago, but that was when I worked in a big shop and they had all kinds of equipment. It is a very expensive thing to do to rebuild the differential.

If you find the place that is honest, they can do a good job, sometimes for as low as 500-600 dollars. But, you’d have to take the differential off and give it to them and have them rebuild it.

You can ask the mechanics from YourMechanic if they can get a rebuilt one and install it for you. Of course, it depends on your car. There are many different types of cars out there. There is no saying how much each is going to cost until it is looked at and taken apart to see what problems it has inside.