Q: Advice on how often to change oil on a '99 Ram 1500

99 Ram 1500; I've just changed the oil after the 167,000 miles on it. It doesn't leak any fluids but I've put full-synthetic oil. Should I change it every 10,000 or just at 100,000?

A: That’s an old vehicle. I would not drive th...

That’s an old vehicle. I would not drive that old vehicle 10,000 miles in between the oil changes. If you want to use full-synthetic, you are pushing it just by doing 7,000 miles. At least change it at 7,000 miles. You are pushing it because everything is worn and the engine has 167,000 miles on it. If you want you, you can change oil at 7,000, but I would recommend getting an oil change even sooner (perhaps around 5,000 miles).