Q: Advice on getting oil leaks fixed.

I took my car to a BMW mechanic for a full inspection. He gave me a list of items to fix. One of them was the Oil Level Sender, and he noted something about little bits of oil leaking. I was just wonder how I should approach getting this fixed.

Hi there. It is very common for for your car to start to leak oil as it ages. Most of the time the leaks are at the oil pan or the rear main seal, but the oil level sender is also a common source of leakage. If you do not have a serious leak and do not notice much dripping on the ground then the leak is not very serious. If this is the case you do not need to have it done right away. If you have the means then you should have it done. It is best left to a certified mechanic that knows how to work on your BMW, like one from YourMechanic.

3. Advice on getting oil leaks fixed.