Q: Advice on choosing a standard car like Civic or Corolla

I'm planning on getting a new car soon. I was looking for a fun, standard car to learn standard. What is your opinion of a car you learn standard easily--Civic or Corolla?

A: Sure, for a Corolla or Civic, get a standar...

Sure, for a Corolla or Civic, get a standard. You can find an old one and learn how to drive manual. They are great cars. I just worked on an old Corolla couple of weeks ago. It had 400,000 miles on it. It was a standard that ran like a clock. The old Civics last a long time, too. Either one of those is a good choice. They can last for a long time, and if they are really old, you don’t have to pay that much for them. If you want to have the vehicle checked before you make a purchase, a technician from YourMechanic can conduct a pre-purchase inspection on your car to ensure that the car is good to go.