Q: Advice on changing the rear wheel bearing on a 2001 BMW 325I

Any recommendations when changing the rear wheel bearing for a 2001 BMW 325I?

A: Yes. Take your time and have patience. Make...

Yes. Take your time and have patience. Make sure that you’ve got the right tools that fit to take that wheel bearing off. Now, I’ve got a set that I use that set them and press them in and out. There is a company out there called SIR and it’s especially made for European cars like your BMW.

You are going to need a really good puller to get that bearing out. If you don’t have that equipment, you can still take it all apart, but you are going to have to take the hub assembly to a machine shop or a mechanic, who is going to press it out and press it in with the special tools because you need some very special tools that fit that BMW to take the bearing in and out of the hub assembly. If you are unsure if you can do this, I recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to replace your wheel bearing for you.