Q: Advice on buying a Ford Taurus

I like full-size American cars, maybe 2000-2007 Ford Taurus. What do you think? Waht are the problems that keep you from advising Impala? I like the Impala. I need a car like the police use.

A: Impalas typically don't hold up. GM&#39...

Impalas typically don't hold up. GM's quality has gone downhill. I would never buy a GM product. Now, some of the Tauruses can be okay. I would go for one closer to a 2007, because the earlier ones had a few problems.

If you are looking at the Taurus, my advice would be to not get one with a CVT transmission. Get the ones that have a regular, plain, automatic transmission with gears that shift. My next door neighbor has one and he loves it.