Q: Advice on buying a car

I was looking to buy this car. It is a coupe. Selling for 9500 and wanted to know if it is a good buy.

Hello, thank you for writing in. You will want to do what is known as a "pre-purchase" inspection. This will include checking the basics such as the fluids (coolant, oil, transmission, washer fluid, and brake fluid), checking the condition of the tires, check all lights interior and exterior, condition of the interior (dashboard, seats, floorboards, and door panels), condition of the exterior, make sure all driver control switches work (locks, windows, mirrors), check the condition of the suspension (bounce test), and make sure you test drive to check the transmission, brakes, and steering. Compare any costs you might need for any basic repairs or new tires for example, to the value of the make and model in its condition. Also ask what basic services have been done (new spark plugs, oil change).For more help with a pre-purchase inspection, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.