Q: Advice on 2009 Opel maintenance

I have a 2009 Opel carbon copy of the Buick Regal in the US. I've spent thousands repairing the official parts--shattered camshaft, countless knocks. Are there cheaper alternatives? Outside the official dealership serivce, the parts are hard to find.

Yes, that’s the problem when you get an oddball car. The first car I’ve ever had was an Opel as a matter of fact, when Buick sold them. When the carburetor went out, I actually made the carburetor gasket out of the cereal box and it lasted me for years. When it broke, I cut out another one. But you don’t have a carburetor since it’s all about fuel injecting now. Since it is an Opel, the parts may be much more difficult to find, but you can try YourMechanic to see if they can source the parts for your car and perform any maintenance that you need.