Q: Advancedtrac warning & power steering failure

I have a 2011 Ford Fusion and I was driving the other night and a service advancedtrac warning came on and now my power steering is out. Any idea how I can fix this myself?

Hi there. It’s quite possible that you have an electrical issue that’s causing the power steering to fail and Advancetrac light to illuminate. Sometimes when the power steering pump pulley is damaged, or the drive belt is broken, it can cause similar issues on your 2011 Ford Fusion. Since there are multiple issues that could be causing this problem, it’s best to have a professional mechanic complete a power steering is not working inspection, so they can pinpoint the issue for you and recommend the right repairs if you wish to attempt repairs on your own.