Q: Adding air intake

I was looking to making small performance modifications to my car and was thinking of adding air intake to my car. If there are any recommendations for a specific brand, which would it be? By the way, would this any way hinder my chances of passing emission tests? In the case that the brand does not matter, I have an air filter, and my friend is willing to get me the pipe that I need, would this be a good way to go? Also what kind of intake is recommended for my car (04 honda civic couple automatic)

A: One of the best brands for performance inta...

One of the best brands for performance intakes would be K+N. These intakes, however, make very minimal difference to a four cylinder vehicle. These engines have been designed to produce as much power as possible due to the fact that they have to compete with larger engines that make power more easily. I would say that the recommended intake for this vehicle would be the one that came with it from the factory. However, adding an intake system should have no effect on the vehicle's ability to pass an emissions test. This is because air goes in through the intake and emissions come from the exhaust.