Q: Acts like the battery is low and when i try to start it, lights flicker and tries to turn over

my 2000 gmc jimmy has been sitting for a few months so the battery is completely dead i went to jumpstart it yesterday and it tried turning over but never did we let it charge up for a while and nothing still everytime i turn the key it just flickers lights and somewhat attempts to start but doesnt and when we took off the jumper cables the lights started to dim slowly and i have a sound system in my car will an amp cause it to not start bc its using too much power?

A: It is very possible that your battery could...

It is very possible that your battery could be completely finished off. I would recommend disconnecting the sound system and installing a new battery in the vehicle to see how the vehicle performs. It is certainly possible that the sound system was what originally drained the battery so to be safe I would recommend leaving it disconnected just to make sure the car starts. Once the vehicle is started, I would recommend driving it for a while to make sure that the battery holds a charge. If the battery holds a charge, you should be able to reconnect your sound system.