Q: Acts like the battery is low and when i try to start it, lights flicker and tries to turn over

my 2000 gmc jimmy has been sitting for a few months so the battery is completely dead i went to jumpstart it yesterday and it tried turning over but never did we let it charge up for a while and nothing still everytime i turn the key it just flickers lights and somewhat attempts to start but doesnt and when we took off the jumper cables the lights started to dim slowly and i have a sound system in my car will an amp cause it to not start bc its using too much power?

It is very possible that your battery could be completely finished off. I would recommend disconnecting the sound system and installing a new battery in the vehicle to see how the vehicle performs. It is certainly possible that the sound system was what originally drained the battery so to be safe I would recommend leaving it disconnected just to make sure the car starts. Once the vehicle is started, I would recommend driving it for a while to make sure that the battery holds a charge. If the battery holds a charge, you should be able to reconnect your sound system.

3. Acts like the battery is low and when i try to start it, lights flicker and tries to turn over