Q: Acts like it wants to die, shifting issues.

My car is acting like it wants to die when I turn it on. Every time I drive it, it takes forever for it too feel like I'm going the right speed and it takes a minute for it to shift in the right gear.

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. This issue could...

Hi, thanks for writing in. This issue could be caused by a vacuum leak, a failed sensor, a problem with the transmission, or any number of other possible problems. Some diagnostic testing will need to be performed to identify where the problem is located. A certified mechanic will need to connect the car to a diagnostic scanner and pull the codes from the computer. These codes will give the mechanic an idea what system(s) are being affected. They will not tell them exactly what the problem is directly, but it will give them the information necessary to at least narrow down the possibilities. If you need help identifying and repairing the issue, YourMechanic.com offers several options. They have trained mechanics that can come to your home, or place of business, and perform the diagnosis and repairs for you.