Q: Accidentally hit the positive battery terminal

Accidentally hooked up the negative terminal first and hit the positive woth my socket as i was hooking up the positive and had a little spark. now she will crank over but no hesitation wanting to start. could you please help me?

Confirm that the engine immobilizer system (security system) is not activated thus preventing the car from starting. If the immobilizer system is on, you may see a security warning light. To temporarily override the immobilizer system, see these instructions. Short circuits and/or reverse polarity, at the battery, in a 12 volt electrical system on a car can cause a variety of effects including damaging the alternator, diodes and the numerous microprocessors on a vehicle such as those in the powertrain control module (PCM). If the starting circuit is functioning, check the fuses, fusible links, circuit breakers, and all of the individual electronic components themselves in the ignition, fuel and other circuits that could have failed due to a short circuit or reverse polarity. If you want these steps performed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an electrical diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Accidentally hit the positive battery terminal