Q: Accessory belts not turning

I came back from vacation and started my car up. everything was fine until I try to start up again and the belts were turning so I drove it to see what was going on and it started to overheat and the belts are still not turning

If the belts are not turning, this suggests that the belts are either broken or not tight enough on the pulleys. Additionally, if the belts are not turning, this is also means that the water pump is not turning which is what is likely causing the engine to overheat. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to take a look at your car to determine what may be causing the belts not to turn.

3. Accessory belts not turning