Q: Accelerator very high - 1994 Ford E-350 Econoline Club Wagon

The accelerator on my wagon is way too high. When you press on the gas pedal it drives way faster then it should. It will take off unusually fast! When it’s in park and you press on the gas then let go it acts as if you are still pressing on the gas for about 15 seconds. But you aren't. Do you know how I can get my accelerating back to normal? How can this be fixed?

I would start with having the throttle body cleaned. If it’s gunked up at all, it will require more than the usual effort, but will result in a more "open" throttle plate position, more air (and fuel) to the engine, thus more power to the vehicle. I would also make sure the throttle cable isn’t binding, and is properly lubricated as well for the same reason. And lastly, make sure the throttle return spring hasn’t somehow been incorrectly attached such that it is pulling the throttle open rather than closed (unlikely, but you can never be too sure). A professional mechanic like YourMechanic can help confirm the diagnosis of your acceleration issue and make all necessary repairs.