Q: Q: Acceleration problems

When I shifted into 2nd gear, my car jerked. When that happened I put on my brake hard and got off the highway and then turned off the car. The scary thing is that my gas pedal was stuck to the floor. I called a friend and left the car on the side of the road. Before I spend money to have it towed to the dealership, please tell me what I can do to get the accelerator pedal unstuck and if that's possible, would it be safe for me to drive it to the dealership myself?

Check to see if the floor mat of carper is holding the throttle open. If it is, remove floor mat and if the throttle comes back it should be okay. Before starting it, push the throttle down and up several times to see if it works okay. If the mat or carpet is holding the throttle down then do not try and drive it at all. Do not even start the engine. Tow it to the nearest repair facility or mechanic, and make sure they see that the throttle is stuck to the floor. You may have had an air cleaner filter come loose and lodge itself in the throttle or a problem with the throttle itself. Have a mechanic this out for you, they will be able to accurately assess the problem and make an accurate fix for your pedal.

3. Q: Acceleration problems