Q: Ac works only works when fan is in high

I'm having a strange issue and wanted to see if anyone can help out. My ac and heat only works on the highest speed. If I turn it down to 3 or lower it just turns off. I have replaced the blower motor resistor which seemed to help for a bit but it's doing the same thing. The strange thing is if I turn the defrost on then back to regular ac all speeds work unless I leave it on the highest setting for too long then go to turn it down, the ac turns off. Thanks in advance!

Hi there. It’s likely that the root source of your problem is an electrical relay or an electrical short somewhere in the system that is creating this problem. It’s incredibly difficult to pinpoint the source of this type of problem without being there to complete an onsite inspection, so it might be best to have a professional mobile mechanic come to your location and complete an AC not working inspection, to help you find the issue.

3. Ac works only works when fan is in high