Q: Ac water leak by driver side

I clean the rubber tube by the battery but still liking water and I am afraid that the bcm can get damaged .any other suggestions. ?please

A: It is normal for water to leak out of the r...

It is normal for water to leak out of the rubber tube. This tube is called the evaporator drain. It is meant to route the water that comes off of the evaporator core.

If the carpet inside the car on the passenger side is getting wet, and the evaporator drain is dripping onto the ground outside, you might have a water leak from rain. Depending on where you live of course.

If your passenger side carpet is wet, the evaporator case may have a leak, or the evaporator drain is still clogged. The key here is water should be dripping onto the ground when your car is running. If it is not, there is more parts of the evaporator drain that needs to be cleared of debris.

It is possible for there to be a small dam inside the case that fills up and allows water to drain out of the drain and leak out a seam in the case that normally wouldn’t be exposed to water. If this is the case, you will need to gain access to the inside of the case. The worst case scenario you will need to remove the case. Often times we need to come up with a creative solution to clean out the evaporator case.

If you’d like to have this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose the leak firsthand and help you fix it accordingly.