Q: Ac vents not blowing

2002 Seville sls a/c only blows out floor and defrost, but does blow out ac vents momentarily when first starting. I suspect vacuum issue, but I cannot find the vacuum hose location. But it may be different issue. Please help.

If your system is vacuum operated you should see hard plastic black colored lines and there should be a visible line through the firewall. If no such lines are visible, your system is electronically controlled. If vacuum operated, you can use a hand held vacuum pump to test the integrity of the lines. Leaks are not unusual, so that is a good first step. As far as electronic controls (mode actuators), those can be tested and, as well, there are levers controlling the blend that can come loose. If you desire that this problem be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an HVAC vent inspection and diagnostic and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Ac vents not blowing