Q: AC unit not blowing cold

My air conditioning unit stopped blowing cold air. One place told me all the parts needed to be replaced.

A: Hello. If the AC compressor has failed then...

Hello. If the AC compressor has failed then that will result in the majority of the system needing to be replaced. Multiple parts need to be replaced to prevent further issues. It all depends on what was found. I have had a lot of compressors fail on this vehicle so it is more than likely what the problem is. In some cases, the problem is just the AC compressor clutch. Typically, the entire compressor needs to be replaced, and to get a warranty on it, they need to replace multiple other parts. If you want a second opinion on this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose and repair your AC.