Q: AC pump fit question

I have a 1999 Chevy Malibu 2.4l and i have a 2003 Chevy Malibu 3.1l as a parts car. I was wondering if the AC pump off the 3.1l will fit on my 2.4l?

Hi, thanks for your question. I’d be happy to provide my insight. If you had the 3.1L in the 1999, it would work but you have the 2.4L in the 1999 instead. The OEM AC Delco compressor (i.e., original equipment) used in your 1999 with the 2.4L is Part Number 15-21719, while the compressor that was used in your 2003 with the 3.1L is AC Deco 15-21665. But, again, you were close as the same compressor was used in the 3.1L from 1999 through 2003. Hope this helps and best of luck.

3. AC pump fit question