Q: Ac problems

Hello my ac just stopped working both fans still run in high and low settings like they should even with motor off but the clutch isnt engaging I've checked the fuse above the battery and the ones in the fuse boxes any ideas on how to fix this

It sounds like you may have a leak in the system. The AC system has both high and low pressure switches that prevent damage to the compressor or other components. In your case, the low pressure switch may have disabled your AC compressor.

Lubricant is delivered throughout the system by circulating with refrigerant. With low or no refrigerant, lubricant cannot flow and compressor damage may occur. To fully diagnose your concern, you will need someone with AC gauges and a multimeter to test the various components. Refer to the factory service manual for pressure specification and test procedures, or have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, test your AC system for leaks and electrical failures.