Q: AC not working

The AC in my vehicle is not working.

A: The air conditioning system is complex as t...

The air conditioning system is complex as there are many parts working together. The most common issue with the system are leaks. If not repaired correctly, the system will degrade from the inside. Air or moisture in the system will damage the compressor. Too little, or too much refrigerant or oil and you will no longer get cold air. If the compressor is damaged, it will flood the system with debris, causing issues that will be hard to find.

There are many electrical aspects such as pressure sensors, temperature sensors, switches, the compressor clutch, and cooling fans. The engine’s cooling system has to be working properly to deal with the added heat.

As this is a very complex system it is important to have a professional fix your system the first time to prevent costly repairs down the road. I would recommend having a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come and inspect why your AC is not working.