Q: ac not working

Back in Nov I got the acclemeter replaced with new one spent over 300$ for it worked but of course over winter I didn't need it so come summer time comes and i go to use it and its blowing out hot hot air so was told it probably needed recharged so I go buy the can and hose it comes with and I recharge it while my car was running it didn't get cold one bit its been 3 weeks since I recharged it and it still won't work indobt known what else bit could be ? I have kids and need an ac temperature been too hot please thank you

A: There could be many possibilities for your ...

There could be many possibilities for your A/C not to work. When you added Freon to the system, was it low on Freon or did it get overcharged? This is a possibility and you may be still low on Freon. You need to have a mechanic with the proper equipment test the A/C to see if you have a leak in the system, a bad switch, or defective compressor. The diagnostic of your AC will save you money in the long run rather than throwing parts at it hoping that it fixes it.