Q: AC not blowing cold air

I think my AC needs charging. It is no longer putting out cold air.

Low refrigerant is probably the most common reason why A/C systems stop working. A/C systems are closed systems, meaning the refrigerant is under pressure. This means that if the system is low, it is because you have a leak. Leaks are common and can be as simple as an O-ring or a bit more complicated like a bad compressor. In most cases, specialized tools such as refrigerant pressure gauges, recover and recycle stations, and leak detectors are necessary for a proper diagnosis. I would have a certified mechanic locate any existing coolant leaks and have them repaired for you.