Q: Ac not blowing cold air

My ac is not blowing cold air when I turn it on it blows the hot air so would that mean it needs to be recharged ? Or change a filter? And how do I know if the compressor idols working ? you

A: An AC system that blows warm could have sev...

An AC system that blows warm could have several faults. The first and most suspected is a low system charge. If the system is low, then there is most likely a leak somewhere and recharging only prolongs the inevitable: the repair. The compressor clutch that engages the compressor could be inoperative. This could be caused by a failed clutch coil, relay, fuse, wiring harness, or AC amplifier (Toyota’s term for ac computer). A quick visual will tell you if the clutch is engaging; with the engine running and the AC on, confirm that the compressor is indeed turning with the engine. If the clutch and compressor are turning, then the clutch circuit is working; a failing compressor will still turn, but not produce correct system pressures. A failing air mix servo could be a cause as well. Adjust the temperature setting to max heat then to max cold and see if the temperature does indeed change accordingly. If the temperature of the air coming out of the vents changes accordingly, then the servo is operating properly. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to determine the precise failure and avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with an AC blows warm inspection.