Q: Ac hot air. 2001 Dodge Stratus

My car ac is blowing hot air but the clutch is engaging the men at midas said that it was a leak somewhere but I went to Walmart and bought a can of stop leak and detector, 2 cans of super tech r-134, and another can of aero cool refrigerant with the house is that enough to fix my hot air problem.

A: Hi there. You should begin by finding the l...

Hi there. You should begin by finding the leak in order to determine what it would take to fix it. Adding refrigerant to the system may make it work now but you could overcharge it and cause more problems in the system. Once a diagnosis is done, then a quote for repairing the leak can be done. A dye can be put in that can help in locating the leak. If you need further assistance with this, a certified technician from YourMechanic can detect and repair the leak for you.