Q: AC has stopped working

The AC has stopped working. The blower and air diverter work, and the AC fuse and relay checked-out okay. I tried adding Freon, but the pressure reading was high. Also, I can't hear the AC clutch engage.

A: Based on your description, I believe your a...

Based on your description, I believe your air conditioning system may be overcharged with refrigerant. Most systems have a high pressure cut-off switch for the compressor to prevent a blowout of ozone-depleting gas. If the pressure in your system is too high, the compressor clutch will not engage by design, which is why you do not hear it kick back. I would recommend having your vehicle’s air conditioning system inspected; have your AC evacuated, pulled into a deep vacuum, then recharged with the correct amount of refrigerant by a certified mechanic. At this point your air conditioning system should work as it as intended.