Q: Ac cuts in and out

Everyday I drive my car my ac cuts out and all the lights on the dash board go out and stays out for a good 2 minutes then pops on and off and then finally stays on. When the ac goes out I am unable to put it in any other gears.

First of all, your A/C is not likely the problem here. It is just one of the systems that is being affected by the problem. Most likely you have a bad power connection that supplies power to your dash. The trick is figuring out where the bad connection is.

The best method to figure this out is to pick one thing that cuts out and follow the power to that system to where it stops. This requires a test light and a wiring diagram. Of course, you will need access to a wiring diagram and have an understanding of how to read it. You can purchase a test light and a repair manual at your local auto parts store. Keep in mind, some repair manuals are better than others. Repair manuals from the dealership are superior to most.

If this seems too much to deal with, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the electrical issue firsthand for an accurate repair.

Good luck!

3. Ac cuts in and out