Q: ac control dont have power

the controls for the ac is inoperative while the ac is inoperative

A: Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 200...

Hello. Thanks for writing in about your 2003 Saturn L300. If the control unit for the AC system does not have any power, then I usually check the fuse first. If the fuse is blown, then that fuse needs to be replaced to see if there is a short causing it to fail. If there is not a fuse issue, then the control unit may be bad.

I usually remove it from the dash to see if it is getting power from the circuit. If it is not then it may be a fuse box problem or an ignition switch that is failing. The ignition switch is a very common failure on this car. If there is power at the control unit, and it is not coming on, then the switch needs to be replaced. If you are going to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose the AC system and resolve this problem for you.