Q: AC Compressor switches ON & Off

Hi Peter, I got AC Compressor & Condenser of my Honda CRV 2009 replaced today as for weeks AC was not giving cool air . The mechanic tried recharging Freon twice but in vain. The AC compressor shuts off and switches back on and again gets Off . What could be the issue . Please advise

Hi there. Why were the compressor and condenser replaced? Was there a leak? Did the compressor fail? Has the refrigerant been charged to the correct amount? Is the engine coolant full? If the coolant is low, this will have a direct affect on the AC system performance. There could be a restriction in the system. There could be a faulty servo behind the dash or another electrical concern. It sounds like your AC system needs to have a proper inspection performed to determine what is happening. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an AC is not blowing cold inspection.

3. AC Compressor switches ON & Off