Q: AC Compressor switches ON & Off

Hi Peter, I got AC Compressor & Condenser of my Honda CRV 2009 replaced today as for weeks AC was not giving cool air . The mechanic tried recharging Freon twice but in vain. The AC compressor shuts off and switches back on and again gets Off . What could be the issue . Please advise

Hi there. Why were the compressor and condenser replaced? Was there a leak? Did the compressor fail? Has the refrigerant been charged to the correct amount? Is the engine coolant full? If the coolant is low, this will have a direct affect on the AC system performance. There could be a restriction in the system. There could be a faulty servo behind the dash or another electrical concern. It sounds like your AC system needs to have a proper inspection performed to determine what is happening. I strongly suggest having a qualified technician perform an inspection to avoid replacing unnecessary parts. Your Mechanic has several available technicians that can assist you with an AC is not blowing cold inspection.