Q: AC compressor seized

In addition to needing my front axles replaced, I have a few more issues. My AC does not blow cold air. I took it in for a refill of freon, and was told it still had over a pound in it. The AC compressor was mentioned as a possible cause. Also, the ABS, ESP, and BAS lights are on.

Hello. You have several problems to sort out. The first thing to do is an OBD II scan for fault codes, although these may not be related to the AC problem. The AC problem could involve several potential issues including the dash control unit, sensors, the high pressure valve could be stuck or not working correctly, or there could be underdash ducting and control mechanism failures. I recommend hiring an experienced mechanic to start with a detailed inspection of your entire AC system, and address the other issues.

3. AC compressor seized