Q: ac clutch wont engage

I have a 1999 civic lx and the compressor clutch wont engage.the light on the ac button lights up. I jumped the connector on the pressure switch... Nothing. I ran a power wire to the compressor an it works fine. I checked the relay an its good so I pulled it out an jumped the prongs an the clutch will engage if I have a jumper wire so I think the problem is in the computer. What would the next step be

A: Hey there, thank you for asking about your ...

Hey there, thank you for asking about your 1999 Honda Civic. The computer will often times shut the compressor off as a safety default when there is not enough pressure in the system. This can also happen when there is too much pressure in the system. The computer is designed to detect a change in pressure whether too high or too low, which will cause it to shut off the compressor. I would recommend checking the pressure or freon level in the system. If you need help, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to diagnose your AC problems.