Q: Ac

My ac is blowing, but no cold air. Compressor is engaging. Can the compressor turn and still have faulty parts? High and low pressures are good. I had it checked yesterday for leaks, they didn't find any. The shop wanted to charge an additional fee to check the wiring, I thought it was included in the ac diagnostics. I'm thinking the expansion valve could be bad or a clogged line? What switches or modules would you recommend me checking?

A: It is possible the issue you are having cou...

It is possible the issue you are having could be related to a faulty blend door actuator. The blend door actuator is responsible for controlling the blend door. The blend door is responsible for blocking off air from the heater core or the evaporator depending on which temperature is selected by the driver. If the blend door actuator has failed it will not be able to move the blend door away from the evaporator. When this happens hot air will be emitted from the dash vents when the air conditioning is selected even when the AC compressor is turning on. If the blend door actuator is malfunctioning I would recommend having it replaced in order to resolve the issue you are having. If you need assistance in diagnosing and repairing this issue, a certified YourMechanic technician can come to your location to inspect your air conditioning system.