Q: AC blowing warm air

My AC is only blowing warm air on warm days. It should be blowing cold air. What is wrong with it?

A: Hi there. By far the most common cause of a...

Hi there. By far the most common cause of an air conditioning system that suddenly stops blowing cold is low refrigerant. Over time the refrigerant will leak out and when it gets to a certain level the compressor will not longer turn on. Though you can try adding a small amount of refrigerant to the system to see if it will turn on, the best thing to do is to use an AC gauge set to see what is going on in the system. If the system is full then it may have an electrical problem. This can be anything from a failure in the compressor clutch coil, to a bad relay or even a control unit failure. It is a good idea to get some assistance from a certified mechanic that specializes in AC systems and can diagnose your AC heating issue.