Q: Ac blowing hot air. No noises, but can not spinning under hood

AC blowing hot air. Doesn't need refrigerant. No noises, but fan under hood doesn't spin when AC is turned on

A: Hi, thanks for writing in. I recommend chec...

Hi, thanks for writing in. I recommend checking the fuses and relays for the AC system and the auxiliary fan. The auxiliary fan is tied to the AC compressor, so when you turn on the AC from the dash controls, both the compressor and aux fan should come on. Both a low and high Freon level can cause a "no cooling" situation as well. With low Freon level, a sensor protects the compressor from coming on and damaging itself. With high Freon level, the compressor turns, but is less effective than it would be with the proper Freon level. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.