Q: AC blowing cold air on right side only

The AC is not working. Only the right side gets cold if you are driving at a fast speed. In addition, the temperature gauge is reading hot, but the car doesn't overheat.

A: Hello. The AC may not be working because, i...

Hello. The AC may not be working because, if the car is overheating, the AC may be shutting off to avoid adding heat to the cooling system and engine. A scanner should be connected to the car to see if there are any codes present, and the data monitored. The data from the engine can be compared to an independent source, like an IR thermometer reading at the thermostat housing and radiator. Only then can it be determined whether the engine is overheating. You may need the aid of a mechanic, since an overheating inspection involves working around a hot engine and cooling system.