Q: Ac and heat only blows when moving.

Ac and heat on my Dodge Dakota 2002 only blows when moving. Even if it is off. It is never very strong, just seem like the air is being pushed through. If I crack the window it pushes harder. I can change the temperature according to the dial. What should I look at or diagnose.

Hi there. Check the blend doors to the vehicle and see if they are working. It seems that the blend doors are stuck to the outside air only, but passing through the heater core. Look for any vacuum lines cracked, broken, or disconnected that leads to the cabin area. Repair or replace any blend doors that are not working. If you need further assistance with air blowing into the cab only when moving, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Ac and heat only blows when moving.