Q: AC acting up in my truck

I have a 2006 Chevrolet Silverado with about 85,000 miles on it. The blower for the heater and AC started acting up recently. First it stopped going all the way to the highest setting, and now there are times where it doesn’t work at all. When it does work, it sometimes stays on when the engine is shut off. What’s going on? I need to fix this problem before winter.

The most common problems with the blower working erratically or not at all on the Chevrolet Silverado, is caused by the blower resistor module mounted in the A/C evaporator blower housing in right side of dash. It gets moisture in it and that shorts out or corrodes the circuits. This causes the motor operation problems you have described and requires module replacement. You should first have a thorough check of the blower controls to make sure this is the only problem with your system. The new style modules have a special coating to help protect it from water entry. This helps keep water or moisture out of the circuits to extend the life of your new parts.

3. AC acting up in my truck