Q: Abs,traction control, speedometer malfunction

Abs,traction control, (check engine light twice in last month) come on simultaneously then speedometer stops working. Happens randomly,but more frequent in last 1.5month. Shopped diagnose and repairs have. Not corrected issues(front left axle and speed sensor replaced and codes reset). Dealership not sure - mentioned could be IAC or carbon build up on engine? Both repair shops say all systems test normally on diagnostic and road testing.

A: Hi there: In most cases, the issues you’re...

Hi there:

In most cases, the issues you’re describing are caused by a transmission speed sensor that is faulty or the wiring harness is damaged. Since this was replaced and codes reset, it’s possible that the problem is with the ABS control module itself. If this hasn’t been inspected, you might want to have a professional mobile mechanic complete a check engine light inspection and download any new service codes that could help pinpoint the source of your issues.