Q: Abs speed sensor

I got 3 abs sensors replaced and there still coming up as a code when I get the truck checked and the abs symbol is still on my dash what could the problem be.... how many o2 sensors are on the bmwx5 and 2000 528i

A: The problem is with the X5 wheel speed sens...

The problem is with the X5 wheel speed sensors - likely the hub bearing and not the sensor. The sensor reads the magnetic encoder that is implanted in the hub bearing to determine wheel speed. If the hub bearing is bad the sensor cannot read the magnetic signal and will throw the code for the wheel speed sensor.

The X5 and the 528 have 4 oxygen sensors. If it is the V8, it should have two. If it has the inline six engine, it typically will have 4 oxygen sensors depending on which emissions standards the vehicle is equipped with.

If you need more assistance, I recommend having a certified technician inspect the ABS light in person to determine what repairs will fix the issue.