Q: ABS on the dashboard

My car maybe once in a week will show an ABS light on the dash board do you happen to know what could be the reason?

All i would like to find out is do i need to worry about this or?

Hi There, This is generally not something to worry about, but it should be looked at and fixed. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS and traction control system.

3. ABS on the dashboard