Q: ABS Light on, speedometer not responding, and air conditiong shuts down

My car's rpm niddles jumps up and down, then the ABS and brake lights come on dashboard and then the air condition stops cooling as well. Sometimes the temperature niddles jumps as well and the speedometer doesn't respond and the gear signal on the dash board blinks as well.

Hello. Since you are receiving multiple warning lights, you will want to start by having the vehicle scanned for diagnostic troubleshooting codes. This will give you some insight to the issues the computer has already detected, and will make diagnosis much easier. You can have this done by a technician, or at most local auto parts stores. You are likely having more than one problem at the same time.

The rough idle issue is often related to fuel and spark issues. This is likely the worst issue. While the air conditioning is a separate system. The gear indicator light on the dashboard is its own system as well. The only common factor between these systems is the power supply (or battery). You may want to make sure your alternator is keeping your battery fully charged. If you would like to have this checked, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the warning lights and proceed with needed repairs.

• ABS Light on, speedometer not responding, and air conditiong shuts down