Q: Q: Abs and brake light on

I replaced the rusty brake lines, bled each wheel and I have good brake pedal but now the brake light and abs light stays on, what do I do to get them off.

Hi There, It sounds like you may have disrupted one of the wheel speed sensors during the course of replacing the brake lines. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU. When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described. The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals.

3. Q: Abs and brake light on