Q: ABS actuators replaced a 2nd time in less than year

My problem has to do with the ABS actuators in my car. My mechanic told me that this is a common problem with my make/model and he has to import ABS actuators every month, for customers like me (and they ‘all’ get sold). He also explained that if the ABS actuator is not replaced correctly (a common mistake), it will only function less than one year. I have already replaced the ABS actuator in less than a year and already, the problem is back again!! Can you tell me if there have been any new techniques that have been developed for my model car that could prevent my having to do this several times a year?

Hello. This is a common issue with this vehicle. The only way properly correct it would be to replace the hydraulic unit with a dealer unit and flush out the brake fluid. If this is done then it will last longer. If you continue to use aftermarket ones then they will continue to fail.

If you plan on having this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you home or office to diagnose your brake system and repair this.