Q: About to purchase a 1985 Buick with 300k miles. Has a new paint job and a new radiator already. Heat from engine when opened hood

Concerned about the intense heat coming from the engine. Hose is rigid. Oil check seemed very dry on dipstick Concerned that water pump or/and thermostat needs replacing. New radiator already in place. Also car freshly painted. The car has three hundred thousand miles. Thanks Joshua. From Brenda

3. About to purchase a 1985 Buick with 300k miles. Has a new paint job and a new radiator already. Heat from engine when opened hood