Q: About to purchase a 1985 Buick with 300k miles. Has a new paint job and a new radiator already. Heat from engine when opened hood

Concerned about the intense heat coming from the engine. Hose is rigid. Oil check seemed very dry on dipstick Concerned that water pump or/and thermostat needs replacing. New radiator already in place. Also car freshly painted. The car has three hundred thousand miles. Thanks Joshua. From Brenda

Hello. Especially with the indicated mileage, I would be concerned about excessive heat, and low fluids - both oil and coolant. Also, sounds like radiator hoses are way too old. The new radiator is also a clue that the car may not have been maintained as it should have been. I would recommend having a Pre-Purchase Car Inspection completed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to the location of the vehicle, evaluate its condition, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for any potential repairs.

3. About to purchase a 1985 Buick with 300k miles. Has a new paint job and a new radiator already. Heat from engine when opened hood